There are two ways to register for a library card—online or in person:
Fill out the online registration form at and submit. A response will return immediately with your eCard number if an email address was submitted. There will also be an email sent with a “New Customer Notification” subject line, confirming your eCard number. eCards are valid for three (3) years. Keep the email or print out your new library card number.
Once you have your eCard, you may immediately use any of our remotely-available electronic resources and place holds (requests) on items. You must replace your e-Card with a full-service card when you come to the library to check-out items.
Full-Service, In-Person registration:
These cards are available to anyone living, working, or going to school in the state of California.
You may print out a copy of our registration form in advance to bring with you to the library.
• To receive a card the day of application, identification with name and current address must be provided.
• Acceptable identification includes: California driver's license or California ID, checkbook with pre-printed address, a rental agreement, a property lease or deed, a property tax receipt, or postmarked mail.
• Children under 14 may receive a card the day of application if the registration form is signed by the parent or legal guardian and includes the parent's driver's license.
• All information in our files is kept confidential.
Library Card Info:
• Your library card is valid for a period of three (3) years. When you see the message "your registration has expired," you will need to renew your registration information in person at one of our branches in order to remove this block.
• If you lose your card (eCard or full-service), call the library immediately. We will block it from being used. You must call the library at (925) 828-1315 to cancel your eCard before you will be able to re-apply online.