Overdue fines are charged on materials returned or renewed after their due date.
• General material $1.00 per day
• AV (DVDs, videos, CDs, etc.) $ .25 per day
• Children's AV $ .25 per day
Non-refundable processing fees:
• Holds not picked up $1.00
• Replacement library card $1.00
• Processing fee for lost material $10.00
• Returned check - first time $25.00
• Returned check - second time $35.00
Paying Fines or Fees:
If you have questions about fines or fees, contact the Circulation Desk at (925) 803-7277 prior to payment. For online payments, the library accepts MasterCard and Visa credit cards, as well as ATM cards that display the MasterCard/Visa logo. The Library does not accept credit card payments over the phone.
Fines and fees may also be paid in person at the Circulation Desk by cash or check or credit card.
To pay fines or fees online:
• Log into your account at www.aclibrary.org
• Click on “$ 00.00 in unpaid fines and bills.”
• Click the “Pay Online” button.
• Enter your address, city, state, zip, and email address if it is not already there. Then enter your credit card information. Security is provided by Verisign
• Click the “Submit” button.
• Verify that the information is correct and click the “Submit” button again.
• A receipt will be emailed to you. You may also print a receipt by clicking the “Print” button.
• If you experience any problems, contact the Circulation Desk.
Your borrowing privileges will be suspended when total fines and fees reach $10.00. If you have questions about your account or how a fine or fee has been resolved, please contact the Library's Circulation Supervisor, Rosemary Gomes McGarry at (925) 803-7267.