Military Banner Program
You can sponsor a banner honoring a service member who lives in Dublin or who has immediate family in Dublin.
The banners will be displayed along Dougherty Road between Memorial Day and Veterans Day (May – November 2018). At the end of the exhibition period, banners will be presented to the honoree (or applicant). Each custom banner will feature:
- photo of the honoree
- if they are active duty or a veteran
To qualify for the Military/Veteran Banner Program, the following criteria must be met:
- the honoree is an active duty member or military veteran (Honorably Discharged) of the United States Armed Forces
- the honoree is a current resident of Dublin or has an immediate family member living in the City of Dublin (spouse, parent, sibling, child or grandchild)
- must complete the application form
- Fill out the online application form AND submit the following information:
- verification of military status (see note below)
- proof of residency (copy of current utility bill, etc)
- an official military photo of the honoree (photo must be high resolution –scanned at 150 dpi at 100% and must be sent electronically; no hardcopy photos will be accepted)
- Payment of $230
To verify active military status, please visit the Department of Defense website and submit a copy of the verification page with your application. If a military veteran, please include a copy of the Veteran’s DD214. If you are unable to locate the DD214, you may apply for a copy by visiting the National Archives website.
Military Banners will be installed on Dougherty Road between Memorial Day and Veterans Day (May – November 2018). At the end of the exhibition period, banners may be collected by the honoree (or applicant).
If you have questions or need assistance with the application form, please contact Suzanne Iarla, Management Analyst II, at 925-833-6650 or via email.